Our Healthy Homemade Flapjacks Recipe - Use our Quick and Easy Flapjack Recipe to make a wonderfully healthy snack. Just remember they are not for those trying to lose weight
Healthy Homemade Flapjacks ...
Our homemade flapjacks are based on the British recipe and are made from butter, golden syrup and rolled oats.
Be sure to compare the ingredients in this quick and easy flapjack recipe with your store bought flapjacks.
You can see what you won't be putting into your digestive system.
Homemade Flapjacks - Enough for one tray.
Ingredients ... You will need
- 4oz (112gms) butter
- 2½ oz (70gms) sugar
- 1 tablespoon syrup
- 6oz (170gms) porridge oats (rolled oats)
Preparation and Cooking
- Lightly butter a shallow 12 inch by 10 inch dish.
- Gently melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan.
- Add the porridge oats, stirring as you go and mix well.
- Once the mixture is well mixed, turn out into the dish and spread to all corners. Press down firmly to level the mixture and ensure an even thickness.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 190 DegC or 375 DegF for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and divide into your preferred square size with a sharp knife, before leaving to cool on a window sill.
Once cool break into squares and pile on a plate or serving dish. Or you can place them in a tupperware container and keep in the bread bin.
Homemade Flapjacks are seriously more-ish.
Wait for your flapjacks to cool a little before munching, they are delicious and will provide you with loads of slow releasing energy to help you forget your usual chocolate and preservative filled junk.
You can experiment with this homemade flapjacks recipe by adding some dried fruit or a little honey to the mixture.
Save energy by cooking the flapjacks in the same oven as your homemade bread, simply add the flapjacks to the oven in the last fifteen minutes of cooking.
The 7 day Detox ...
Try these healthy homemade flapjacks after your 7 Day Detox to build up the good stuff in your digestive system. Try not to skip any days or pick and choose the meals. Stick with the program to get the maximum benefit from it.
- Detox Days One and Two... An introduction to the 7 Day Detox and menus for the first two days.
- Detox Day Four... The fourth day of your detox program. Halfway through and getting into the swing of things.
- Detox Day Six... Your Penultimate day of detox. Hang in there and complete the full seven day program for maximum benefits.
- Detox Day Three... The Third day and over the fasting period. Now you can eat some good wholesome food.
- Detox Day Five... The fifth day in your seven day detox program. Just over half way there and well on the way to a cleaner, healthier body.
- Detox Day Seven... Your final day of detox. Just remember to eat carefully for the next few days to maximize the benefits of the detox.